Yoga Teacher Training Program 2017-2018
About the Program
Your Yoga has partnered with Bright From The Heart Yoga & Wellness to offer a 200-hour Teacher Training program at Your Yoga beginning September 2017 through June 2018. The program is an in-depth training program that is grounded in a holistic and experiential approach.
We have been hard at work, and have restructured the program for 2017. While the program is in-depth for a reason, we realize that by allowing some flexibility in the schedule through some online instruction we will be offering more opportunity for the community to further their wellness journey. The best part is we are still in compliance under Yoga Alliance, so those wanting to teach can still register with them!
The program is open to all individuals who are interested in deepening their personal yoga practice, and while many take the course for their own knowledge, some students want to share their knowledge by teaching others. This program will give each student the necessary education and background needed to teach others in a safe and confident manner.
Graduates of the program will be able to register with globally recognized Yoga Alliance. This certifies that the graduates of Bright From The Heart Yoga & Wellness Teacher Training have met, and exceeded, the standards set by Yoga Alliance. Graduates will be able to design and teach yoga asana sequences for healthy adults, there will also be an introduction to specific yoga populations such as yoga for kids, teens, seniors, pregnancy, depression.
This is an amazing experience for students and the teachers! You will learn so much through teacher instruction, guest teachers/leaders with expertise in specific areas (some examples may include – Kirtan, prenatal, crystal bowl meditation, essential oils, and an Ayurvedic diet), and participation in positive, life-changing, group trips to the Fair Trade Store, Louisville Salt Cave and Uplands PEAK Sanctuary to practice Karma Yoga (the act of selfless service). All of this is included in your tuition investment, and the fact that you can attend a designated number of free publicly scheduled yoga classes offered at the host studio for your TT program.
This program is definitely a worthwhile invest in your wellness journey!
The following areas are covered:
- Yoga History and Philosophy
- Asana – Form, Benefits and Contraindications
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Kriyas, Chanting, Mantra,
- Practice Teaching
- Various Teaching Styles
- Qualities of a Teacher
- Business Aspects of Teaching Yoga
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Physical and Subtle Bodies
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Language and Voice
- Class Sequencing
- Practicum – which includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback.
Additionally, the practicum includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
Investment In Your Health
- $2300.00, with a discount of $100.00 for those who pay the full amount by Sunday, April 30th, 2017.
- 300.00 non-refundable deposit must be paid to reserve your spot in the training.
- Application and deposit of $300.00 must be received by Sunday, June 25th, 2017, to be considered for the upcoming program.
After the $300 deposit, an 8 Month payment (September 2017 – April 2017) plan is available for those who would like to pay on a monthly basis. Full payment of the course is required in order to receive your certificate. *One local company has our program on their list of reimbursable school programs. See if your company or business will do the same!
The training costs include, but are not limited to:
- Application fee
- Testing fees
- Material fees (paper, handouts) / Online module maintenance and instruction
- Contact hours associated with the training and lead teachers
- Yogic food preparation and cooking class
- Studio maintenance fees
- Designated number of yoga passes to be used at host studio for your TT program
- Guest speakers, teachers, field trips (one of which includes Karma Yoga service at Uplands PEAK Sanctuary in Indiana)
- A 200-hour certificate recognized by Yoga Alliance
Required Materials (not included in your tuition)
- The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali – Sri Swami Satchindanada
- Living Your Yoga – Judith Lasater
- Yoga Anatomy 2nd Edition – Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
- Chakra Workbook – Pauline Wills
- The Complete Guide of Yin Yoga – Bernie Clark & Sarah Powers
- Jivamukti Yoga, Practices for Liberating Body & Soul – Sharon Gannon & David Life
- Yoga: The Iyengar Way – Silva, Mira & Shyam Mehta
Recommended Materials (not necessary, but beneficial to the learning process)
- Yoga Postures Adjustments & Assisting – Stephanie Pappas
- Mastering The Secrets of Yoga Flow – Doug Swenson
- Yoga For a World Out of Balance – Michael Stone
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- Mantra For Healing – Deva Prema (Music)
- Pick Your Yoga Practice – Megan McCrary
- Baby Om: Yoga For Mothers and Babies – Laura Staton & Sarah Perron
- Ashtanga Yoga The Practice Manual – David Sweson
- Peace Is Every Step – Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Ayurvedic Vegan Kitchen – Tayla Lutzker
- Healing Mantras – Thomas Ashley-Farrand
If for some reason your application is denied, your deposit will be returned in full. Due to this program being limited to a set number of students the following policy regarding refunds is in place: a.) If the program has NOT begun, and you decide not to continue with the program, you forfeit your deposit, and are eligible for a refund on any other payments beyond the deposit. b.) If you decide not to complete the program once the program has begun, you forfeit the deposit and you will be billed for 50% of the total program cost ($1150).
The Teacher Training Program requires attendance and participation to ALL 10 weekend sessions. Attendance is mandatory, instances of an emergency will require approval from the lead instructor. There will be NO make up weekends scheduled, so in order to make up any hours missed that were not approved will be done at a time convenient to the lead instructor, and at a rate of $50 per hour (as you can respect that this would be beyond the scope of the TT program and investment) .
Graduation Requirements For Certification
- 185 contact + non-contact hours with instructors (125 contact with instructions/60 non-contact via online modules)
- Completion of yoga posture worksheets (59 required in all for this program)
- Completion of Chakra workbook and Chakra worksheet
- All reading assignments and other homework assignments per syllabus complete
- Quizzes and essay’s complete (7 quizzes, 1 in-depth essay)
- 65 Hours outside of the contact hours which require tracking through log sheets (includes 45 hours of yoga practice log, 15 hours observing other yoga teachers log and 5 hours related to yoga education and/or discussion log).
- 2 Tests both of which include written, essay, vocal and physical asana + practicum
- Program paid in full
*Those not having met all requirements by their last session (June, 2018) will have until December 2018 to turn in all course work in order to still be eligible for certification. *Please note which TT program location and dates you prefer prior to downloading and submitting application*
Teacher Training Dates 2017 -2018 (All in person dates are Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Contact hours per the in person instruction: Fridays, 6:00pm – 9:30pm Saturdays, 8:30am – 5:30pm Sundays, 8:30am – 5:30pm Download the Application
- September 22-24
- October 20-22
- November & December via online modules w/ each month having a required live check-in call on specified date
- January 19-21
- February 16-18
- March & April via online modules w/ each month having a required live check-in call on specified date
- May 18-20
- June 8-10
*Additional informal pot luck and official graduating ceremony for those completing all requirements and payments (friends and family are welcome to attend. This is subject to change depending on the groups decision. Often the groups opt for a graduation after the allotted 6 additional months of time to complete all assignments).