Upcoming Events or Workshops
October 2 – November 6, 2017
Yoga for Bone Health
Mondays from 10:30AM – 12:00PM
Loss of bone density begins to occur around age 50. Osteopenia and osteoporosis are common conditions for women at this age…affecting about one-third to one-half of all women. The incidence for men is about one in four. This condition is silent; there is no pain, but…
Risk factors associated with osteoporosis:
- Spinal compression fractures create poor posture and decrease lung capacity: Collapsed vertebrae may result in a “forward slump” that inhibits breathing.
- Fractures from falls: Hip, leg, shoulder, arm/wrist fractures impact mobility and daily life.
- Diminished sense of well-being due to loss of balance and breath. Confidence in daily movement is critical as we age.
A regular yoga practice helps to:
- improve posture…particularly the “forward slump”
- build muscular strength to support bones and joints
- learn good body mechanics and safe ways to move
- improve balance and coordination in prevention of falls
- learn breathing techniques to calm the nervous system
No prior experience in yoga necessary. Join others to learn healthy ways to move.
Early registration $99 (must be received by Sept. 22). After Sept. 22 cost is $124.
Sign up with a friend and receive $5 off. A minimum of 5 students is needed.
Linda Smith, M.Ed., Instructor
First Saturday of Every Month Starting September 2nd 2017
Restorative Yoga Playshops with Dawn Dones
Slow down. Relax. Breathe deeply. Create space.
During each Restorative Yoga Playshop, you will be led into deep relaxation cultivating space within, allowing stress & tension to melt away, inviting your body to release, & encouraging healing to happen. This yoga practice is great for all people, especially those looking for rest, relaxation, nourishment, & self-care. This is called a ‘playshop’ because there is no work & it all feels really good!
Dawn Dones studied Yoga with a focus on Restorative and completed her 200-hour teacher training through Yogaia Yoga School in Louisville, KY. To learn more about Dawn, go to www.dawndones.com.
$35 Space is limited to 12.
November 18, 2017
Warrior Goddess Reclaim Your Wholeness Workshop for Women
From 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Warrior Goddess Reclaim Your Wholeness Workshop for women is more than a workshop. It is an interactive, inspirational, head to toe re-wiring to get you back into integrity with yourself. Are you ready to reclaim your wholeness and become the Warrior Goddess that you were meant to be? In this workshop, you will: *Commit to yourself with compassion and humor *Unwind old agreements and beliefs that no longer serve you *Find your authentic expression *Walk with joy on your path of transformation, even when it is challenging
Are you ready to reclaim your wholeness and become the Warrior Goddess that you were meant to be? In this workshop, you will:
- Commit to yourself with compassion and humor
- Unwind old agreements and beliefs that no longer serve you
- Find your authentic expression
- Walk with joy on your path of transformation, even when it is challenging
Early bird rate before 11/1/17 is $55.00 After 11/1/17 rate is $65.00